Super Kernel Traditional Basmati RiceJanuary 30, 2018
Scientific Name: Oryza sativa (Asian Rice)
Common Names: Basumathi, Basmathi, Basmati, Riz and Arroz
Part of Plant: Seed/Grain
- Average Grain Length (AGL): 8.4 mm
- Moisture: Under 13%
- Milling Degree: Extra well milled
- Polish: Double Silky Polish
- Damaged or Red Streaked Grains: Under 0.2%
- Broken %: Nil when milted
- Foreign Matter: Nil
- Paddy: 0.04% max.
- Chalky Grains: <0.5%
- Age of Crop: Atleast 8 months.
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool and dry place. Place the opened pack in a sealed air-tight container.
- ISO 9001; 2015 HACCP
1. Take 1.5 cups of 1121 Double Steamed Basmati Rice (300 grams) in a bowl. The amount of rice may vary with the recipe you are making.
2. Rinse rice grains well in running water with gentle swirling of your fingers in a bowl.
3. The Rice has to be rinsed till the water becomes clear and transparent (approx. 2 to 3 times)
4. Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Soaking is essential so do not skip this step.
5. After 30 minutes, strain the rice and keep aside.
Cooking (Plain Boiled 1121 Double Steamed Basmati Rice):
1. Add 5 cups of water in a deep bottomed pan and heat it on high flame. To save time, heat the water in an electric kettle then add water to the pan and place it on the stove top.
2. When the water becomes hot add salt to taste.
3. Bring the water to a rapid boil and then add the rice. You may also add ½ to 1 tsp of oil or ghee at this step, as it prevents the rice from turning mushy.
4. Gently stir with a spoon or fork after you add the rice.
5. Do not reduce the flame and continue to cook the rice without a lid.
6. Rice has to be 75% or 3/4th cooked or simply the grains should not be fully cooked but almost cooked.
7. Remove pan from the stovetop and immediately drain rice in a strainer. You can also rinse the rice gently with water so that the grains stop cooking.
8. Pour the rice into a pot, add a tablespoon of oil or a small cube of butter and cover with a lid. Now let the rice cook over low heat until you see steam escaping from the pot.
9. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- 1121 Extra Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 1121 Parboiled (Sella) Extra Long Grain Rice
1. Non-Woven or Cloth Material: We do 1Kg, 2Kg, 5Kg, 20Kg, 25Kg, 35Kg, 40Kg, and 50Kg. The smaller packs come with zip and handle. We can do packs in equivalent Lbs as well.
2. HDPE (Poly) Bags: These are the fancy packs that are usually made in smaller packs and go upto 20Kg or equivalent Lbs. There is an MOQ for this order. These include resealable stand up pouches and also come with strings and resealable option. This job is relatively expensive than the others because of first time color cylinder cost per color and these are master packed in craft cartons hence the space occupancy is more as compared to the fabric material.
3. Jute Bag: We do 1Kg, 2Kg, 5Kg, 20Kg, 25Kg, 35Kg, 40Kg, and 50Kg. The smaller packs come with zip and handle. We can do packs in equivalent Lbs as well.
4. PP (Polypropylene) Bag: These are usually used for bulk packs because of limitation of fancy and color print jobs.
5. Biodegradable Packs: This job is similar to the HDPE packs. There is an MOQ for this order. The printing is slightly costlier while these are master packed in craft cartons hence the space occupancy is more as compared to the fabric material.
- Retail Pack
- Bulk Order
- Private Label